1st Packaging Ltd Environmental Policy Statement
1st Packaging Ltd believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
We aim to encourage our customers and suppliers to do the same as a duty of due care to future generations.
We are proud to be members of Sedex an organisation dedicated to driving improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practise.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Reduce waste through reuse and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these products are available, economical and suitable.
- Communicate our environmental commitments to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of our activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in the light of current and planned future activities.
Product Specific Environmental Policies:
- 90% of the material used in the manufacture of our clear plastic packaging to contain a minimum of 70% post-consumer waste.
- To use paper and board materials composed totally of re-cycled fibres. Where this is not possible, a paper stock with a composition of the least amount of virgin fibres will be used. To actively look for paper and board suppliers who offer paper construction using a sustainably managed FSC forests.
- Any inks (including coating and substrate) used are fully compliant with the Packaging Essentials Requirement Regulations 1998 EC directive in relation to Lead, Cadmium, Mercury and Hexavalent Chromium content. The inks conform to the Toys and Packaging stipulation EN71/8 and are suitable for secondary and direct food packaging.
- All our manufacturing waste is recycled